We are recruiting a Community Links Caseworker
Community Links Caseworker
Headway Gloucestershire was established in 1988 and since then has been working to make a positive difference to the lives of adult survivors of brain injury. We provide specialist recovery support and respite through our centre-based Enablement Service and outreach support through our Community Links service.
Headway Gloucestershire is a busy, growing charity providing services to brain injury survivors and their families and carers. Every year we are challenged to raise funds to help deliver our services.
Our centre-based Enablement Service is the heart of Headway Gloucestershire. Open every weekday, we offer activities that focus on the five elements of rehabilitation: emotional functioning; cognitive functioning; learning; social interaction and behaviour. Our Community Links Service offers outreach advice and support for adult survivors of acquired brain injury in Gloucestershire and is often the first point of contact.
During the pandemic we evolved our services to include the provision of remote support. This means that we can be agile and adjust how we can best support our community and keep them safe.
Community Links Caseworker – Salary FTE £24,781.30 – £28,500 (dependent on experience)
Summary of post
You will work with a highly motivated staff and volunteer team to deliver a quality outreach advice and support service for adult survivors of acquired brain injury in Gloucestershire.
We value transferrable skills and are particularly interested to receive applications from candidates who have experience of managing a client caseload and of working to empower and support vulnerable adults.
Under the direction of the Manager of Headway Gloucestershire, you will work alongside clients with complex needs to support their recovery, wellbeing, independence and autonomy. This might include:-
- Providing brain injury recovery information and advice, working with compensatory strategies and making referrals to clinicians and health providers.
- Maintaining tenancies by assisting with paperwork, organising payment plans, negotiating with landlords or mortgage providers.
- Form filling for welfare benefits, housing applications, blue badges and bus passes etc.
- Supporting clients to access resources in their local community including leisure, education, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Support to attend appointments and meetings when relevant.
- Working with other informal and formal support providers.
Full training provided.
Brief Person Specification
Work under the direction of the Headway Manager
and in collaboration with the Enablement staff and volunteer team to offer information, advice, and support to surivors of acquired brain injury and their families in Gloucestershire.
- To work with a broad range of other relevant agencies to ensure that survivors and their families are able to access appropriate services.
- Make representation on behalf of clients to a variety of external agencies and authorities with their consent to help resolve issues.
- Employ an empowerment approach and work to enable clients to increase independence and autonomy where possible.
- Undertake needs and risk assessments and all monitoring as required.
- To work within Headway Gloucestershire’s core care standards and contribute to the development and monitoring of individual goal plans for clients.
To find out more and apply for this position download and complete an application pack below, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12pm Wednesday 6th of October 2021