- General assistance in the provision of daily support in our Enablement Centre.
- Helping us to deliver our activities for example discussion groups, woodwork, arts and crafts, computing, reading, writing.
- Fundraising support
Our volunteers work with an experienced staff team including a Personal Development Co-ordinator, Day Co-ordinator and support staff who provide information and guidance to support volunteers with their tasks.
- To respect the dignity of everyone who attends Headway House
- To work towards a positive and constructive day for everyone
- To work on activities with attendees whether individually or in groups, within the guidelines and objectives given by the day co-ordinator
- To assist with household duties, such as tea and coffee making, setting tables and clearing away
- To follow Health and Safety procedures
- To maintain confidentiality
- To give feedback to the Day Co-ordinator
- Commitment to Headway Gloucestershire’s visions and values
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Experience of working with and caring for people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prospective volunteers must provide 2 referees.
- Prospective volunteers must be willing to disclose all information about convictions in a court of law, no matter when they occurred and to undertake a Vetting and Barring check.
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, contact us to find out more or use the links below to download an application pack.